Health benefits of coconut oil
One of my top health products for my healthy lifestyle is coconut oil! It is a must have product to include in your diet and beauty regime! There are so many articles about super foods, which are supposedly so good for us that they can change our lives if we eat enough of them! Coconut oil and coconut water is one of the most recent talked about super foods and i believe it is a good all round health essential.
Coconut oil can also help reduce the cost of your beauty products as coconut oil can be used as a body oil (replacing body cream), face cream, lip balm, hair oil and much more! I recently purchased the Coconut oil by Coconoil and i have two tubs, one coconut oil tub is for cooking healthy meals and the other i use as a face and body cream and on the ends of my hair to get a sleek finish! Coconut oil has helped improved my skin and hair and it has saved me so much money! There is no need to buy different toiletries for make-up remover, hair oil, face cream, coconut oil is the perfect all in one health product!
When it comes to coconut oil, what should we believe? Is incorporating it into our diets really all its cracked up to be? In short, the answer is yes. Coconut oil is really good for you!
Benefits of Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains a unique combination of medicinal properties, nutrition, and fatty acids. This is why it is so good for you and can help improve your skin and health. The fatty acids within coconut oil are actually known as medium chain fatty triglycerides. These triglycerides aren’t as as long as other fatty acids, they are metabolised differently in the body and can be used as a quick source of energy.
Coconut oil is most likely one of those rare super foods we should all be eating. Here are some reasons why you should consider eating coconut oil:
- It helps control weight. According to several studies, coconut oil has been linked to weight loss, particularly in the belly area. This could be because it is very easy to digest and also helps protect the body from insulin resistance.
- It eases digestion. Its great for anyone suffering from digestive issues, a sensitive stomach, or even irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The fatty acids within the oil have a soothing effect on candida, bacteria, and gastrointestinal parasites.
- It controls hunger. Eating coconut oil can help curb cravings, which goes along with the weight control benefit mentioned earlier. When coconut oil is metabolised within the body, it releases ketone bodies, which are known to reduce appetite.
- It can help manage diabetes. Although it cannot replace diabetes medication, it has been linked to effective management of the disease because it helps protect against insulin resistance. This means it could very well reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- It fights infection. The high amount of lauric acid, coconut oil helps to fight infection from fungi, viruses, and bacteria. When lauric acid is metabolised, it forms a monoglyceride called monolaurin, which has been shown to kill a variety of pathogens.
Coconut oil certainly meets the criteria for being a super food. Although this list is by no means comprehensive, it gives you a glimpse of all the health benefits that coconut oil has to offer.
I would recommend buying organic coconut oil from Amazon.com as you get free delivery and there is currently a special offer when you buy 3 tubs of coconoil!
Coconoil organic coconut oil tubs really are a fantastic all round health and beauty product for both men and women. This versatile product can be used as part of your daily skin care regime along with using as a cooking oil or baking aid to replace the use of bad fats in cooking! I would highly recommend using coconoil as part of your daily regime.